- 125gram butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup Grove lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- strips of lemon zest, to decorate
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoon Grove lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan-forced. Grease and line a deep 20cm (base measurement) rectangle cake pan with baking paper. Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition. Sift flour over butter mixture. Add juice and milk; stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan; level surface. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes, then turnout onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make lemon icing; sift icing sugar into a large bowl. Gradually add juice, stirring until smooth.
- Spread lemon icing over cooled cake, allowing it to drip down sides. Serve sprinkled with zest and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Women’s Weekly Food.